DBS Data Employees Achieve 100% Pass Rate for Principles of Data Protection
(Data Control) Level 2 Course
CHELMSFORD, UK, 25th October 2016, DBS Data the UK business and consumer marketing data specialists, today announced that its employees achieved a 100% pass rate, for the Principles of Data Protection (Data Control) Level 2 course. This latest accolade for the company’s commitment to data protection and compliance, follows the announcement made earlier this month, that it has passed the new DMA Data Protection Compliance Audit.
The Principles of Data Protection (Data Control) Level 2 course was run by the data protection and information governance consultants and trainer – The Griffin House Consultancy, and it is independently set and examined by Hand In Hand Qualification Awards. To complete the course, the DBS team undertook a programme of training and assessment that included…
- An understanding of the Data Protection Act 1998
- Awareness of the consequences of failing to comply with the Data Protection Act
- Details of how to stay within the law when conducting your day-to-day activities including:-
- Understanding what is and is not lawful
- Restrictions on data capture
- Data processing and the law
- Keeping data accurate
- Controlling personal or sensitive data and the rights of the individual
- How, as an individual staff member, you can uphold your company security systems
- Maintaining your good reputation through the prevention of human error causing a security breach.
- Subject Access Requests
- Direct Marketing dos and don’ts
Managing Director of DBS Data, Adam Williams led by example by completing the course with his team and he comments:
“It is vital that everyone at DBS is aware and fully up-to-date with the very latest data protection and compliance requirements. As such, we are committed to investing in our people, processes and technology, to ensure DBS has the strictest and most strongly adhered to policies, and is a shining example in the data-driven marketing industry.”
The course was completed by 90% of the DBS team including all sales and all data management staff.