The Information and Records Management Society Presents
the Winners of its 2018 Industry Awards
The Information and Records Management Society (IRMS) has revealed the winners of its 2018 Industry Awards which recognises excellence in the field of information management. The IRMS is the foremost association for information professionals and students, supporting and bringing together all those working in information governance, records management, data protection, information security and more, across all industry sectors, in the UK and beyond.
The 2018 Industry Awards winners
• Lifetime Achievement Award – Denise Lynd
• Professional of the Year – Sarah Graham, NHS Improvement
• The Alison North New Professionals Award – Penny Wright & Ruth Azzam, Historic Environment Scotland and Audit Scotland
• Team of the Year – Information Governance and Risk Team, Leicester City Council
• Supplier of the Year – Egress Secure Email
• Innovation of the Year – Information Governance Support Data Protection Officer Service for Schools, Essex County Council.
Chair of the IRMS, Scott Sammons states: “There has never been a more exciting or important time to be working in information and records management. Issues of data protection, retention, trust, security, privacy and digital transformation has resulted in IRMS members having a stronger and more influential voice in their respective organisations than ever before.” Sammons adds: “It is our great pleasure to publicly recognise the skill, innovation and tireless application of our Industry Awards winners and in doing so highlight the rich breadth of talent that we have in our sector.”
This year, these highly sought-after awards were presented at a ceremony following a gala dinner, the centrepiece of the IRMS annual conference, which took place in Brighton from 20th – 22nd May.